At 1 am one of the surgeon team members came in to check on that clicking sound. (With everyone coming in and out of our room, I was beginning to wonder how we were going to get any sleep!) He didn't think it was anything to worry about, but said he would speak with the actual surgeon. I think we actually did get some sleep. Later the surgeon came in and looked at Trey. She said that there wasn't anything to be concerned with. The noises that were heard were expected and she wasn't concerned.
All day long, Trey kept saying he didn't feel well. He still hadn't eaten anything. So it had been well over 24 hours. He kept saying something like, "I just don't feel good. I don't know, I'm confused. I'm just really confused." I think his brain has been on overload and he really hasn't been able to get a full nights sleep here.
They continue to watch his numbers and I'm still not sure yet what all that means. Maybe someday soon I will. I just know that his hemoglobin count was down, so he had a blood transfusion. The nurse comes in frequently to check his vitals during and after the blood transfusion to make sure there is not an adverse affect from the transfusion.
The blood transfusion perked him up a bit and he got to eat some yummy ravioli. The kids here have a menu and can order anything on it anytime of day. It's really neat because Trey will pick something and then we call the number and they will answer, 'Food services, good day, what would Trey like to order today?" Everyone is so centered on taking care of us and Trey and meeting our needs. It's been incredible.
A dear friend of mine came to see us today. It was a wonderful surprise. Diane and I were great friends in college, but lost touch over the years. It was great to talk with her and catch up. She is an amazing person and I am so thankful for her.
I am so thankful to so many people. Shane and I are overwhelmed with all the love and support that family and friends have shown us. Shane's family has been a big help in cleaning our house from top to bottom and my family has been a big help in looking for sources of financial aid and trust funds and other things like that. I know they wish they could be here to do more, but what they have done for us has been amazing. We haven't had time to do any of these things. I haven't even been thinking about it. I went home once this week, and other than that I've been here at the hospital. It is a long process to recovery and there will be a lot of unexpected things come up. I know my mom will come out to help in the following weeks as we start to adjust to "normal" life. Although I don't think our lives will ever be the same. Just please know that even if you don't feel like you are doing anything, the prayers, calls, notes and visits mean the world to us. We have felt a sustaining power from our Savior Jesus Christ and I have no doubt that it is because of all the prayers that have been directed toward us. Thank you so much. Our hearts are so full of humility and gratitude.
I am so glad that we had the chance to have our family together at Christmas time. It was awesome to see all 15 grandchildren interacting with another so well and having the chance to reconnect. Trey, just know that a lot of people here in the northwest are praying for you and they want to know your name. Hugs and Kisses - GIGI
ReplyDeleteI love playing with you and you are a good friend to me. I miss playing with you. You can call me whenever you want. I like talking on the phone with you. From Cameron Chadd
ReplyDeletethanks for letting me stop by yesterday! trey is a champ! i still owe him some pokemon cards--don't let me forget!
ReplyDeletehugs and kisses!
diane
Trey, I'm so sorry you are experiencing this in your life. Shane, Beth and children, it is hard on you too. Your strength and support will help Trey through the many trials he will yet endurer. This is all too familiar. My prayers will go out for your family as well as for Clark. I will be checking the blog for in hopes for only the best news yet to come. Hang in there Trey. We love you. Rhonda Kimble
ReplyDeletetrey, you are a tough kid, and i feel sorry for what you are expierencing. But on the other hand, im happy your getting the care you need.
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, one more thing, if those doctorsdo so much as messing up an i.v. or something, theyre really in for it.
lots of love,
your friend aliah porter.
ps im glad you liked your presents :)
pps spelling questionable. :)