Trey was given another blood transfusion this morning. His hemoglobin is still a bit low, thus the transfusion. He's still so tired.
The doctors came through on their rounds and talked to me a bit. Sounds like his electrolytes are a bit too high still. By now usually those numbers should be down. He may or may not come home tomorrow. We were suppose to be checking out on Monday. Things change fast around here. Just never know. Trey is so upset about it. A few days ago we asked what he wants to do when he goes home and he said, "Mom, I just want to sleep. I can't sleep here. They are always waking me up in the night and in the morning it's too bright."
There is a church service here on Sundays. Just for a 1/2 an hour. Enough time to bless and pass the sacrament and give a little thought I would think. I was planning on going this morning, but Trey didn't want me to leave him alone for that long. It was really nice though, because the branch that serves the hospital patients and their families also come to the rooms and gave the sacrament. So both Trey and I were blessed by being able to partake of the sacrament.
Trey felt well enough to talk to some cousins on the phone. Since he is not able to see his cousins, it really perks him up to talk with them...so thanks for the calls and keep them coming!
We were hoping to be able to take a walk out in the hall, but his counts are low meaning he is highly immunocompromised. So Trey is stuck in his room for a while until his numbers get higher. We were kinda bummed.
Trey had a fun, furry visitor today! Pet therapy came by with Bower, a nice cute dog. He jumped right on top of Trey's bed and snuggled right up to Trey. Bower's favorite treat is cheerios, so Trey got to feed him the treat. We may see more dogs later on. It put a smile on Trey's face!
Found out we have to get rid of the birds. (Whahoo!) I'm excited, but the kids and dad are kind of bummed. Something about the birds and their feathers that help keep them healthy, but it's not so good for immunocompromised people like Trey. So now we will be looking for a new home for them.
I finally went home to be with the other kids tonight. It will actually be a nice relief from the hospital. Tonight Dad and Trey are hanging out drinking soda and watching movies. Sounds like a good way to end the day.
I just found out about all this a few days ago. I must admit it's hard for me to take in. First Clark and his continuing ordeal. Then Sofie (my brother's sixteen year old daughter) was diagnosed with bone cancer - a tumor in her tibia below her left knee. And now Trey with his leukemia.
ReplyDeleteShane, I haven't had the pleasure of knowing your kids as I knew you and your siblings and cousins as you were growing up. But you are my family and I want you to know how much I love you and Trey. I am so impressed and moved by the way Clark, Sofie and Trey respond to these upsets in their lives; and their parents as well. What a shining example of faith you all are to me.
I deeply appreciate this blog. Unfortunately, I have more of them to check daily than I really need. But it does help to be able to follow the details of Trey's progress. My compliments to you for how articulately you have explained everything. And the photos are a treasure.
God bless and keep you.
Uncle Stephen
i love pet therapy! sorry that you won't be headed home today!
ReplyDeletehang in there--you are an amazing family!
love,
diane
hey trey ...this is gigi...here are a couple of jokes for you;
ReplyDeleteq: what do you get if you cross a skunk with a bear?
A. Winnie the Pooh!
q: What did the bee say to the flower?
A. Hello, honey
Q: What goes zzub zzub?
A. A bee flying backwards!
Hope this puts a smile on your face!
Love you lots, gigi
Dear Trey, feel better and have fun at the hospital with your cousins Gracie, Daemyn, and Olivia (pretend we are there playing with you).
ReplyDeleteLove you Trey!!
Gracie and Daemyn
Trey - Tyler wants to hear all about the X-Box you have in your room, I think he would spend a few hours playing with you. I'm going to China this week... want me to get you a present? How about some chop-sticks or a statue of a firey dragon... they don't do much but they bring good luck. If you don't want a dragon I could find a turtle or something! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you everyday and always think about you. Can we come visit this summer? Ty and Sadie would love to play for a week with you!
Love Uncle Brian
Trey this is Tyler - hope you are feeling better and call me if you need to know anything about the DS. Have you seen the movie Nacho Libre? I want you to "summon your eagle powers" - if you haven't seen the moive, watch it and you will laugh.
Love Tyler
Trey hurry home and i am pulling for you love your big brother skyler =D
ReplyDelete(See the smiley face?)
hi trey this is sadie... i got a perfect score on my spelling test. i hope you like the balloons we sent you. i had fun playing with you at the beach during christmas, i sure miss you - the dog in your picture looks really cute. i wish we had a dog. we made a bridge in our back yard that goes up to our fort - do you remember our fort that you played in last summer? come visit us soon!
ReplyDeletelove sadie
dear trey i am pulling for you . i love you and hope you have a safe wonderful night . Canyon really misses you so does dillin . i have something really important to tell you... PROVE IT
ReplyDeleteNO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. remember that commercial? it is our favorite.there is something else that is the most important that i need to tell you.
I LOVE YOU
hi mom tell trey that i wrote the one with all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! points and it says no way
ReplyDeleteLOVE
KATRINA
YOUR SISTER
Hi Trey! My name is Jill. I am your Mom's cousin from Yakima. I have been praying for you every day. I am glad that you have tons of people who love and care for you.
ReplyDeleteBeth- I am praying for you and Shane and the rest of your family as well. It sounds like you have a wonderful support system in place and a great team of caregivers. I am so glad you have this website to keep everyone in the loop. Being able to send a "Hello" and positive thoughts your direction helps me feel closer than the miles between us. Know that my thoughts are with you daily. I send all my love.
Jill
hey Trey. I hope you feel better soon. :). u rock! =D
ReplyDeletesincerley,
aliah :D :P ;)
ps all spelling is questionable :)