Yippee! We got a call today from the oncology department saying that Trey's bone marrow looks clear. Meaning they don't see any signs of the leukemia! We are so happy that Trey has responded well to the treatments. Just because there are no signs of cancer though, he still has the three years of chemo treatments. But we are heading in the right direction!
His hair is coming out a lot! He still has hair it's just thinning out. We told him he will be twiners with Papa and Uncle Brian! (hehehe) He liked that idea! I said he could have a funky hair do if he wanted...like a mohawk or even color it a funky color. But can you believe it- he turned me down! Once in a lifetime chance to really go crazy with his hair or what's left of it and he says no! That's okay though. We just have fun pulling it out. ;)
Again, we thank all of our family and friends for their support and love! We love you all so much and feel so blessed. Have a fantastic day!
HEY..REASON TO CELEBRATE!!!Way to go TREY!! Uncle Brian called today and he just got back from China and has something for you...I will bring it when I come on Monday...also got an Eddie Bower Seattle cap for you...kind of faded blue-green...looks cool to me! I have purple hair color ( for Halloweeen) if you want some! How 'bout buzzing your head like uncle Rob? Then you, papa, Uncle Brian and Uncle Rob can all look alike! See you soon, goon! luv gigi
ReplyDeleteDear Beth! What wonderful news! I read it on Trey's blog first and had to race to your blog to make sure what I read was true. My eyes are full of tears and so grateful for that news. You must be so humbly relieved for that amazing miracle and blessing. The name "Triumphant Trey" is absolutely perfect! Now of course, we are planning to get him a cap too. . That collection will be fun and three years is still quite a course, but what a huge blessing! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! Kate Bassett
ReplyDeleteI wish had access to this blog while in China or I would have brought back some pretty cool Chinese hats... but I did bring back some cool gifts for all the kids. So Sky, Kat, Trey and Ala all are going to get something. Gigi is going to bring them down next week when she comes. We'll find a cool Seattle hat for trey and send that as well... Hang in there! All the kids are still praying for trey that he can be tough! I think he's already doing an INCREDIBLE job... sounds like he is one of the SUPERS!!!! We should come up with a name for him...
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the good news! We are very happy things are going well!
ReplyDeleteWoohooo! So glad that the news is good for you, Trey. We think about you all the time and keep you in our prayers. We're so relieved that you're able to get he right treatment and get well. By the way, Aaron says he's growing his curly dark hair really long so that he can make a cool wig for you, if you want it! What a crazy guy. (I think he's getting tired of me telling him to get a haircut!)
ReplyDeleteLove ya Trey.
Sandy & Aaron and the kids
Wow! Great news! Triumphant Trey, enough said. We'll get you a BYU-I baseball cap for that collection of yours. Keep your head up and the mohawks far away. Bald is beautiful. Go Super TREY!!
ReplyDeleteNathan & Janalee and kids
WOW When you fight, you fight hard! keep it up Trey, your stonger than you think you are:)
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the SUPERS! and you are super strong!
ReplyDeleteYeah for Trey! This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete