About 3PM today, we got word that Trey could officially go home! They had to review some blood work and make sure that once off some of the medication, he was doing okay and that certain levels were still stable. You can't image Trey's excitement! I think he thought the drive home was the longest trip ever! :)
We had a nice surprise when we walked in the door. Skyler, Katrina and Alanna had worked really hard at making a welcome home sign for Trey. They have been super kids-they have pulled together and have been great at helping each other out. I am really proud of them.
The relief society has been wonderful! We have had dinners the last few nights brought to our home. It's been a great relief to me not to have to worry about what my family will have for dinner. Thank you to the sisters who have brought dinner to us! My kids are asking me "Why can't you cook like this?" and "Mom, you'd better get the recipe!" Needless to say the dinners have been yummy!
Hey Trey...bet you were excited to get home and not have nurses waking up? You are such a strong and amazing young man. Skyler, Katrina and Alana you are awesome and I am impressed with your desire to be such a help to your parents. Keep up the love ya'll!
ReplyDeleteLove
Gigi
You rock, Trey! So glad you are home and able to finally get some sleep. Daniel was so happy to see you this afternoon when you came to the door. We love you and your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteJulie Jimenez
YAY Trey!! I bet it's so nice to be home in your own bed-so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYAHOOOOOOOOO - GREAT NEWS!!!!! We feel so much better knowing that you are not in a hospital bed and you can be with your family at home!
ReplyDeleteTrey, Beth and Family, I'm so happy you are all together again, at home. I will be pulling for you all the way, thinking of you often Trey. I wish I knew you better Trey, but one thing I do know is you and your family are very special people. Be strong Trey, you can do it. Hopefully I can see you when I bring Wyatt out to be a donor to Clark once his bone marrow transplant has been scheduled. Hope your hospital stays will be minimal if at all. Love Rhonda Kimble (Shane's favorite aunt in SD). HAHAHA I just think I am.
ReplyDeleteBeth this one is for you..... I need you to know that I have not called you for many reasons. I can't even imagine how many ways your emotions have been pulled, they phyical exaustion, the mental overload, the spiritual earthquakes, I know for me when I am going through something very hard the last thing I want is to to talk to a bunch of people- so I just need you to know I think about you and your family and the situation every day.... I cry when I imagine what you must be feeling. You need to know I love you and I don't call; to do you a favor. Karma is doing a fabulos job relaying information to the family. I bet it will be nice to just be at home feel the quiet in the night and hold your baby, because guess what - he is still growing and this will pass.
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteFirst off I want to Thank You again for transporting the Christmas Santas to Utah for me. I appreciate you and Shane making room in your car.
Your Mom told me about Trey and then I saw Kali's posting on facebook to Trey's blog. I've been following his progress ever since. Even though we don't know him personally he is in our prayers and your family is in my thoughts continually. Thanks for letting us be a part of what is going on.