
I know it's been awhile since I've blogged, but with a new baby it's been a little busy. In June Trey had his spinal tap. He always gets nervous about it, but it works out okay. He didn't' get sick this time which I am grateful for. The picture above is of him not looking too happy. The child life specialist was super. She saw that Trey was pretty upset so she offered to play some games with Trey while we waited for the chemo. Trey had a fun time playing Connect Four. They also played another game while he waited to have the spinal tap procedure done. Trey was laughing and later after we were driving home he said that the child life specialist really helped him keep his mind off of what was happening. She made him feel better. I am so thankful to Rachelle and her kindness.
Trey once again showed his humorous side by singing songs and saying funny things when he came out of his subconscious sedation from the spinal tap. He sang the whole introduction song from Dinosaur Train and also some parts of You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi. He had the doctor and nurses laughing hard. Next time I think I'll record him. Got to have something to show his girlfriends in the future, right?!
He goes in on Tuesday July 5th for just the chemo treatment and to have his blood counts checked. So far everything is looking good for him. He did have one of his chemo pill dosage increase. We'll see if it has effected his CBC counts. Once again, we give thanks to all who have been keeping Trey in your prayers. We appreciate your continued support.
hi!!!!!! we are participating in a childhood cancer walk on sat. we are walking in honor of trey!!!!!! i would love to catch up soon!!! xoxo diane
ReplyDelete