Our smily boy

Monday, October 4, 2010

Make-A-Wish

Trey had another appointment last Monday and all went well. He was suppose to have a lumbar puncture (spinal tap), but he ate something before hand (my fault) and they are doing it at the end of this month instead. His ANC counts are still too high, even with one of his medication increase. So they are increasing another medication. There are alot of questions running through my mind that I need to ask the doctor on the next appointment. Shane and I are getting concerned with all this medication increase. So far Trey seems like he is tolerating it okay. Still we worry.

When we first found out about Trey's diagnosis, we were told Trey would be able to do something with Make-A-Wish. We sent in a request form and they replied back and said Trey was approved. Today, Trey received a neat package from them. It included a cool paper castle with a special key inside. It also had an invitation. It reads:

"It is our deepest honor to invite you and your family to come visit A WISHING PLACE for the special occasion of making your wish. Please bring this key with you when you come, for it alone will open the WISHING ROOM at the top of the WISHING TOWER. We eagerly await your presence."

Trey has been assigned Wish Granters who will help Trey in his wish decision. When he decides on a wish, we go to this special WISHING ROOM and he declares his wish. He is sooo excited about it, but really doesn't know what to wish for yet. I think this will be an amazing experience. I've read about the Make-A-Wish Foundation online and it is such a wonderful organization. I'll keep posting updates as Trey decides on a wish.

Thank you again for the wonderful support and continued prayers for Trey. I am very grateful for them!

4 comments:

  1. Trey looked great on Saturday. It was so nice to see him running around, playing with cousins and friends, and smiling from ear to ear. Hope his medications can get figured out. It is a worry putting so much into their bodies. Good luck with the Make A Wish. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trey, I have been to the Make A Wish place in SLC and it is very cool and magical! I will be thinking of you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been awhile since I stopped in. I am happy to see things are going well. I will be excited to see what your wish is. I think of you all often yet my words are short and few. Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this is Ligia Huntington. I've perhaps met your family in passing. I'm married to Alex Huntington. Cheryl's son. In case you're wondering who this stranger is. Anyways, I've just now checked out your son's blog and situation. I was just wondering if you'd come across any of Dr. Lodi's work from Mesa, AZ. He has worked with many cancer patients and has high rates of success stories. Anyways, I thought you might be interested in this for Trey's healing. He seems like a wonderful little boy even though I don't really know him. My heart goes out to him. I strongly believe that cancers have cures that most doctors aren't talking about. If you get a moment, please look up Dr. Lodi's work. You can even Youtube him. He's working on some great things and very few people know about it. And if you do look him up, let me know if this is helpful. We'll keep your sweet boy in our prayers also.

    ReplyDelete