
Picture below is Trey's first day of school. His hair is growing back so fast now! He was so glad that he'd have hair before going to school!
Wow, summer has come and gone all too fast! I'll update on some of the summer fun, but I'm waiting on some pictures.
School has started and Trey loves being back in school. He likes his teacher and loves being around his friends. Also he is playing flag football. I hope he doesn't get to tired, but the doctor said that it'd be okay for him to play. His first game is tomorrow and we are excited for him to play!
Monday he went in for his monthly chemo treatment. His ANC counts (the ones that fight infection) are apparently too high and because of this the leukemic cells could come back. So they have increased the dose of one of his pills. They hope this lowers his ANC but they don't want it to get to low because we don't want him to get sick either. To tell the truth, I am not sure I totally understand all this. In about another week, home health will come out to take his CBC and we should know how Trey is responding to the increased dose. I guess even in maintenance, we have to take things step by step and not get to comfortable with how things are going. Trey always keeps a positive outlook on life and we love his spontaneous spirit and humor!
I don't understand half of the medical procedures Trey has gone through. It must be overwhelming to grasp all of this information in such a short time. You guys are doing great. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteMeeker Family
I loved getting to know Trey and his siblings this summer on the way to the airport with Grandma! What special kiddos you have. Hope the medication does well.
ReplyDeleteI thought Trey took an "oath" to stay bald like me a PaPa forever... Is he going back to the "dark" side. Personally i like the thought of having an "Illuminating" head!!!
ReplyDeleteLov Ya Guys and CONGRATS BETH!!!!
-Brian Groenig