Our smily boy

Monday, June 28, 2010



I'm a bit behind in updating the blog. We've had a busy June. Last time I wrote, I mentioned that I'd have to administer one of the chemos. We had the supplies sent to us and I was kind of worried about doing it. Trey's port was kept accessed so I didn't have to worry about accessing him. I did get to de-access his port after the end of each week of giving chemo. Trey was so nervous-he made me nervous :). All went well and he told me it didn't hurt. Whew! The second week went well too. It didn't take long to get the hang of it. About a week and a half ago, Trey's red blood cell count went way down. We took him in for a blood transfusion. This last leg of the phase really has done a number on his blood counts. Last week we found out that his ANC counts are really low. They are down to 500 as of last Wednesday. We've just been keeping him inside and washing hands like crazy. This Wednesday he'll have his blood checked again. Hopefully his counts will start going back up. He seems to be doing ok overall. I'm surprised he hasn't been more tired. His red blood count is still low, but not low enough for another blood transfusion. Trey has been happy and anxious to play with friends again.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! You both should get honorary nursing degrees for all you've learned through this process. Hang in there! We are still pulling for you and your family Trey. Karen and Allen recently visited from Logan and J.L. (Jenny) came over as well and is moving right across the street from us. She's a hoot to listen to. A little more serious but the old J.L. is still there. Keep up the fight! Take care!

    Meeker Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are doing great...and you should totally get nursing degrees for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete