Trey had another treatment on Monday. It was a long day. He had another lumbar puncture and I guess it took a bit longer for him to come out from being put to sleep for the procedure. Then he went up to the clinic for chemo treatments. His counts still look great so they of course increased the dose of Methotrexate. He also got a dose of it with the lumbar puncture or spinal tap. Then he got the Vincristine dose. One of the side effects of this chemo treatment is something called "foot drop". It's when you have trouble lifting the front part of your foot. Every time Trey has clinic the doctors look for signs of the different side effects. They checked for "foot drop" and Trey is showing some difficulty with lifting the front part of his foot. It's not terribly bad, but we are noticing that he shuffles more when he walks.
We've noticed that right after Trey's clinic visit, he seems fine. It's about 24 hours later that the effects take place. Last time he didn't get sick right away, and when he did I thought it might have been the flu bug. But I think he was sick because of the chemo treatments. Today he has been laying on the couch most of the day, not feeling really sick, just tired. Tonight he got sick and threw up. He says his legs and feet hurt too. I feel so bad for him. Hopefully tomorrow he will be feeling better. He's such a trooper!
In 10 days he goes back for the last treatment of this phase. Then he'll get 2 weeks off! Hooray for Trey! He has one last phase before maintenance. The next phase is suppose to be pretty intense as well. We just need to remember to take one day at a time. We are so grateful for how Trey is doing. Thanks again for your prayers. We send out all our love to you.
Thanks for the updates Beth, I check just about everyday! It's good to hear what's going on. That's great news that he will get two weeks off-I bet he(and you)are somewhat relieved! Your family is amazing and I am in awe of all you do!!
ReplyDeleteLove you my friend!
Hey Trey...hang in there, buddy! People here in seattle are still asking about you and think you are pretty brave and determined...those are great qualitites to have throughout life! And keep on being a BYU fan! Hugs...gigi
ReplyDeleteI check just about everyday too and love hearing about whats going on. Thanks! You ARE so amazing! I second Kali in being in awe of what you do! I hug you everyday in my heart. Love to you... Kara
ReplyDelete