Our smily boy

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunday, Trey had his blood drawn and the other kids got to see it. They'd never seen his port accessed. They were pretty curious to see the needle and how it works. We heard a few oohs and aahs. I think Trey liked feeling tough in front of the his brother and sisters. It was kinda cute actually.

Monday we called the hospital to make sure his numbers were high enough to get the chemo treatments. They were,so off Shane and Trey went to Primary Children's. It didn't take as long as last time, which was nice. They increased the one chemo treatment. Trey felt fine all day until about 3pm. Then he started feeling really tired and said his back hurt like when he got the lumbar puncture. Unfortunately we had to cancel his teaching session with his school teacher because of how bad he was feeling. He slept quite awhile. He hasn't had much of an appetite the last 24 hours. I don't know if that is from the chemo or not. Today, though, he feels much better.

Shane took a picture of Trey and a life sized statue of Spiderman at the hospital. They are both wearing BYU hats! I will have to see if I can download the picture and post it.

We are so thankful for our blessings and that Trey is responding so well to treatments. May we all feel the love of our Savior and His hands in our lives. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Trey...I do hope your back is feeling better today...which is Tuesday! Are you feeling up to eating yet? Sounds like this dose was a doozy!Did you know I always liked red cars? Well, i am driving one today because i was in a little accident today and our car got banged up ...it's going to the car hospital for 5-7 days! So I have a red rental for today..but am taking it back tonight...costs too much money for 7 days to rent! Chin up buddy...you are one great guy! love gigi

    ReplyDelete