Our smily boy

Saturday, March 13, 2010

S.I.B.S. Day

I know the kids don't look too happy here, but they did have a good time at S.I.B.S. Day. It stands for Super Important Brothers and Sisters. This is a workshop for kids that have a sibling with a life threatening illness. It gives them a chance to meet with other kids who may be going through similar things.

Primary Children's held the program last Saturday. They divided the kids into different groups depending on age. They all had a good time and got to meet new people. I think over all it is a great program to offer.

Alanna came home with a doll and a bunch of medical stuff, like gloves, mask, cap, band aids, gauze, syringe etc. She had a lot of fun. Katrina made a collage of what she loves (of course it was mostly of animals :) She enjoyed joking around with the leaders that were over her group. She really had a good time. Skyler's group talked about feelings and they made masks. They talked about how we sometimes "mask" our feelings to hide how we really feel. He wasn't too thrilled to go, but being the "mean" mom that I am, I made him go. I think that he got something positive out of it, even if he won't admit it. Teenagers for you. :)

I'm appreciate how supportive the hospital is with the different programs that they offer. It has been such a blessing to us. They have so many resources for parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment