We are now officially at the maintenance part of the chemo treatments! Now we go once a month to the hospital...yeah! He will continue to get the Vincristine via his port at the hospital once a month. Trey will only get the LP (back poke) once every 3 months. Most of the chemo treatments will be given orally (pills) taken at home. He has four different types of pills to take and they are to be given different times throughout the month. Every 3 months marks a new round of chemo even though it should all be the same medications from here on out. His CBC counts should be good and remain in the normal range for him throughout. We look forward to Trey getting back to playing and being active once again.
While we were waiting for the medication to come for the sedation, Trey's doctor came in to visit with Trey. He is such an amazing person. He makes his patients feel like they are the most important person there. He jokes & laughs with them. He was asking what plans Trey had for the summer and Trey told him that he was going to WA to visit grandpa and grandma. The doctor said jokingly, "Watch out Seattle...here...comes...Treyouble!" Trey laughed so hard and replied back nodding his head up and down, "True!" Everyone in the room got a kick out of it!
While we were at the hospital, Trey was asked if he wanted to participate in putting a hand print on a car that would be traveling around the nation promoting cancer awareness and donating funds to research. He thought about that for a minute and then said something like, so you mean my hand will be going all over the country? I said yes and he smiled really big and said yeah he wanted to and then he asked right away if his hand print could be blue. Well he got to have a blue hand print with his name on the car. It's for Hyundai Hope On Wheels. The vehicle goes around the nation to different children's hospitals and donates money to help with research. Trey is pretty excited that his blue hand print with his name below it will be going all over the place. The above pictures are of him with the blue hand print.
We found out the date of his last chemo treatment....drum roll please.....March 11, 2013! We are looking forward to that date now. It's been a hard six months, but we have been blessed by many sweet angels along the way. Countless people have blessed our lives. Thank you so much. Our hearts will forever be filled with gratitude.
AMAZING! I was crying the entire time I read this. I'm so thankful his treatment is working.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Kara
Great News!! and how exciting to be "hand" picked for something so important!! I have to "hand" it to you, Trey, you look awesome in those photos. So "hand"some! (OK I'll stop...I just couldn't resist!) I'll bet you had a great time and seriously-- those photos of you ROCK! and Congratulations on your part in the Hyundai Hope On Wheels.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
Jill Arnold
I'm so happy you are moving in the right direction and an end to the treatments is in site, yet distant. I think of you often and continue to pray for your improved health. Love Rhonda
ReplyDeleteWow. What a journey you all have been on! I am happy to read that Trey is on his way to perfect health. We will keep you in our prayers!
ReplyDelete