Our smily boy

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trey Made It Through!

Trey did it! He was brave, strong and tough! He was so nervous and has worked himself up so much that he was shaking pretty hard by the time we got to the hospital. We had to wait for almost an hour and half before they administered the shots. We had to wait for the chemo and his tag to identify him. They put the numbing cream on, which helped some, but Trey said it still hurt. Now we wait another hour to make sure he doesn't have any bad reactions to it.

I told Trey that he is so brave and he told me that he doesn't think so. I asked him why he thought that and he told me because he is so scared and crying. I told him that being brave and courageous doesn't mean you aren't scared. Someone who is brave and courageous can be scared, but they press forward anyway with faith. He's resting now and as I look over at him I see a boy who shows a great measure of bravery. I love him so much and I'm so glad he is my son.

Thank you to the many people who prayed for Trey today. Prayer is very powerful and we have felt it in our lives.

5 comments:

  1. Trey, you are, indeed, a brave brave brave young man. These accounts bring tears to my eyes every time. I'm so proud of you.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trey, you are amazing! You are very brave and I'm so happy to have gotten to know you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth it was so wonderful talking with you today. It made me miss you and your family so much. Thank you for telling us about the blog.

    Trey, you are amazing and strong!! Tad is looking forward to coming down for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trey....we KNEW you would get through this! All the cousins here and in Rexburg stopped what they were doing and had a special thought/prayer for you! COUSIN POWER!!! (aunts and uncles,too)
    Are you thinking of coming up in August?Hope so! Your parents said some really good things to you about bravery...we can cry and still be brave...it's about doing what we know we have to do! You ARE brave! And Katrina, Skyler and Alanna...you are also brave in another way...you are brave when you are helping in the home and supporting your mom and dad and trey! You are all Awesome kids! love gigi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trey,

    I am really impressed by how you are doing. I think of you often and have told several people at work about your situation. They ask about you whenever I see them and want to know how you are doing. I always tell them that Trey is strong and determined.

    I love you and am always thinking about you.

    Love
    Papa

    ReplyDelete